The cutest snacks you'll ever eat.

The Grandparents (Hubby's side) sent Little Bit a happi coat (pronounced 'hoppy coat') and some treats in honor of Girl's Day, (Hinamatsuri) which is coming up - March 3rd. It's a Japanese holiday that celebrates girls, girl-ness, etc...at least that's what it is for us. We don't set up for the doll festival, we just enjoy our girl! I will get a photo of her in her happi coat soon, but check out these snacks!

Photobucket

Girl's day is also referred to as Doll's Day. These are little doll snacks.
Photobucket

Stinkin' cute.
Photobucket

This one is my favorite - I love the eyes on the kitty!
Photobucket

Inside...
Photobucket
...a piece of sesame arare (rice cracker) and an iso peanut. Iso peanut is a peanut wrapped in a very crispy shell. Little Bit has been calling these 'peanut heads'. Mostly, she's been snarfing them every chance she gets. They are so good, but so cute!

Comments

Lamb said…
Is the head edible? If not, my mind is dancing at the possibilities of re-purposing those cute little faces in various things...like Christmas ornaments! I'd probably find a way to save the paper wraps, too....
Laura said…
Lamb, the head is the iso peanut - and the face is printed on the wrapper, not the head. I've toyed with the idea of saving the wrappers and wrapping up a piece of wool or something, but I've found that things like that that I save quickly turn to clutter - KWIM? The wrappers are plastic...I bet we could so something cute with them if I tried a little harder. :)
Absolutely stinkin' cute!! Yay for Grandma and Grandpa for sending Kitten such an adorable treat.

Hmmmmm...do the wrappers lay fairly flat once opened, other than where the ends have been twisted? I'm just wondering if there's a special set of greeting cards or something that these can be incorporated into??
Ella said…
Those are really cute...What a lovely tradition.
Blessings, GG

Popular Posts